Wednesday's Child and All that Woe stuff



Ok so lets get this over with. Yes, I actually AM a Wednesday's Child, born on a Wednesday in April of 1961. I started this blog on a Wednesday also just for consistency.  While I may not be full of woe everyday, I have been known to have bouts of melancholia and my lifetime attraction to dark aesthetics has been seen by some as woeful, but it has always made me happy!




Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.


I like how most people refer to this poem with the 'Wednesday's Child' part. I have always thought that they did that because 'woe' is dark and mysterious and people are attracted in spite of themselves.


Popular posts from this blog

Concordia Cemetery El Paso Texas

Creepy Christmas 2013