Pictorial of the workday that was my 50th birthday!

Wednesday's Attic  www.wednesdaysattic.com

This post may not be very exciting. I decided in honor of my 50th Birthday, which fell on a weekday so of course I was working, to document my average workday. As you will see I have a very long commute, so most of it is Southern California freeway driving. So without further ado- here it  is!


I awoke to these lovely red roses from my sweet husband


I started taking pics on the 210 while heading to work. I drive 4 freeways every day. The first part of the 210 is the pretty part of my drive.


The 210 where it turns up to go through Pasadena. I call this part 'the first 210' and the part after the tunnel 'the second 210'


Yes, its bumper to bumper on the other side. Glad I am not headed that way! And yes, you get to see all this through my dirty windshield just like I do.


The Miller Brewery. I pass this stinky place everyday.


This is the 57 freeway heading south toward the dreaded 10 freeway.


Ahhh the interchange. Be on your toes here! Will it be the 57, the 10 or the 71?


You have chosen! It's the 10 and the scary ramp that swoops down to the lowest level.


A view of downtown Pomona


Best Mexican food EVER! El Merenderos!


Parking is a block away



Normally there is not a gift on my desk. But it was my Birthday!


It was a lovely Carnival Mask from Italy!


I sort of skipped through the work day because there isn't much I can take photos of. So here we are back at the car, ready to head for home. 


On the way home I am in less of a hurry and I took more photos. This is a lovely old building I pass each day. It is a YMCA.


This burned down house is one of 2 on the same lot. Looks like it was a beautiful old painted lady before the fire.


Once again, the dreaded 10!


Yeah. .  only if there is no traffic. This is L.A. When is there ever no traffic?


The interchange going home.  It is always a free for all here as there are 3 different ways to go and everyone is scrambling to be first.


I go to the 57 North. This hillside has slid twice in the last year and closed this transition ramp adding 20 minutes to my drive. So everyday I tell it to stay put as I whiz by.


The 57 toward the 210. In Winter those hills are covered in snow.


Traffic is always worse the other way


This is one of the only places in L.A. where a train runs down the middle of the freeway. Great Idea and I think we are going to get more of these.


Pasadena, Home of the World famous Tournament of Roses Parade


Also home of the Rose Bowl- And the game every College wants to win! 


I am not amused!


NASA and JPL 




This is the Top of a landmark called Rocky Peak that I pass daily also. Just to the left of its base is where the tragic Metrolink Train crash occurred a few years ago. And to the right of this point is an area that was once known as the Spahn Movie Ranch. Home to the notorious Manson Family for a time in the 1960's.


Pricilla gazing out the window


Yep- all this driving is expensive!

 When I arrived home, some Tarts were in the oven!




A quick freshen up in the privy


Dinner! Made by my daughters and husband.

 Followed by a few episodes of Dexter


And fruit tarts for dessert!


Time for bed. .  5am will be here before you know it

Popular posts from this blog

Concordia Cemetery El Paso Texas

Creepy Christmas 2013